Sunday, July 20, 2008

Phil Gordon and other sightings

The feature on Phil Gordon was published today. The piece starts on page 1 and jumps to page 5. It is slanted towards bridge, but poker players should find it interesting as well. Do you know what a "case-based game" is? Be sure to read to the end to find out how Gordon defines it and his thoughts on it. You can read it all by clicking here.

Martin de Knijff is here at the NABC, playing with a world-class bridge player, Johan Upmark. As a teenager, de Knijff was a bridge phenom in his native Sweden before turning to poker. I took a photo of him and I'll do a short piece later this week. De Knijff has won a World Poker Tour event, was second in a WSOP event and finished 13th in the WSOP Main Event one year. I'll link to it when it's available.


If I look out the window of my hotel, I see the Wynn and it's sister the Encore. Can you see the monorail track?


The monorail arrives! Before I came, I used the Internet to buy a pass with 10 rides. Las Vegas is spread out and the monorail is very cool.


Elvis is in the building! He's really big here. Um, well he's about regular size, but very popular.

Both images can be enlarged by clicking on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment