Thursday, October 9, 2008

Are you kidding me?

For some reason, I hate rebuy tournaments. It seems I stack someone, and they just rebuy and pretty soon I notice they have more chips than I do. Maybe the reason I don't seem to do well in them is the mental block I have. Maybe the reason is that I'm a closet nit.

When I went to Fuel55's blog today, I was surprised to see this:

Pimpage Alert: Surely A Record Will Be Set

A record for rebuys per capita, that is.

NumbBlowMe Invitational
Tournament # 63820195
10/23/2008, 8:30 pm CST
NLHE: $0.10 + $1.00
Unlimited dime rebuys until first break
Dime add-on of 1500 chips at first break
password = bdankradio

Anyone not taking the add-on will be shot on sight.


What in the world is this, I wondered? Rebuys for 10 cents ?? Are you kidding me? I said I was surprised, but shocked might be a closer description.

Then I did my daily navigation over to Oh Captain's web site here to see this headline:

"Some pimpage that just boggles the mind...
I try to budget myself to around $10 worth of rebuys...maybe $15 if I'm feeling saucy. Now, seriously, if I stick to my budget, I can do between 100 and 150 rebuys...GET OUT OF TOWN!"


Tuckfard Poker had words to say about it here. He discusses the over/under for number of rebuys and says:

"I put the most re-buys for a single person somewhere between 95 and 100."

Not to be outdone, muhctim blogged about the same topic here. He said:

"(It) Potentially gives new meaning to the phrase, 'Brother can you spare a dime?'"

Wow! This may be worse than 5,000 players in a free roll on the old Party Poker. It may be worse than 10,000 meth addicted bloggers players high on crack. Then again, it may be more fun than you can imagine. The strategy most players will probably take is to shove, shove, mixed in with more shoving. That might not be a bad move, I don't know. I do know, however, that I intend to check it out.

With 100 trillion chips in play, could we see this:

***ERROR buffer overflow, runtime error*** "A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."

The poker software didn't account for more chips in play than 11 figures!!

I envision this in the chat box: "The game is paused while MemphisMOJO gets more chips." Ah, music to my eyes. Hee haw! Bring 'em on! I can rebuy with the best of them. I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be a shove-fest the likes of which have never been seen before.

    The good news is, you will be numb to suck-outs by the end of the rebuy period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until you've experienced something along these lines.... nevermind. Just experience it and sit back and marvel at the stupidity!

    Should be EPIC !

    Some day, I'll try and get you out for a poooooshfest! I'll explain later!

    ReplyDelete