Saturday, February 21, 2009

When the sun goes down, the shutter button does, too

If you go to Key West FL, watching the sunset at Mallory Square is required by law; anyone failing to do so goes straight to jail. I didn't want that to happen, so I watched the sunset like all the other tourists. Of course I had my two cameras handy.


Saturday evening (and Monday), the sky was clear. I got photos with vivid orange colors as you see above. (Photos are high resolution, so you can click to enlarge them.)


On Sunday, there were storm clouds. I whipped out my trusty point-and-shoot camera, and used the preset for sunset. Those two things changed the color of the light to blue and purple as in this photo (above).



You can see the storm clouds in this image and the other purple photo below.


If you live in an area of the world where it is cold right now, is it cruel of me to show these shots that I took while (ahem) I was in shorts and a tee shirt?


This last one will make a nice masthead for my blog, ya?

10 comments:

  1. NICE!

    What are all those people doing on that catamaran?

    /j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what they're doing, but I imagine they're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. What sites/places did you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're such a law-abiding citizen. Welcome back..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the photos! I'm now quite jealous. We got 5 inches of snow yesterday and your trip isn't helping us feel better. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots double M.

    Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pics and yes you are cruel as it is somewhat cold here in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mojo,

    bite me.

    Seriouisly, nice shots. Hope you enjoyed your vacation while I was sick as a dog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I missed these! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete