Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blogger tournaments? Why not?


When I talked with lightning36 last weekend, he asked me why I didn't play in the blogger tournaments. I suppose I could have said that I play live tournaments a lot instead, but I didn't really have a good answer.

So, tonight I played The Mookie. There were 25 crazy people bloggers, and it was fun. They are aggressive though. Most of the night I felt like I'd been run over by a Mack truck.

Twice that worked in my favor. One blogger gave me all his chips when he had 10-10 and the board was K-X-X and I checked to him and he bet big. After he moved all in on fourth street, I called and turned over K K for top set.

The other time, a player raised before the flop with J-J. I called from the blinds. When the flop was K-Q-X, he bet, and I called. The turn was a rag that couldn't have helped either of us, and he fired a second bullet. He moved all in on the river -- overcards didn't scare him. I stubbornly called, and showed A K. For once, TPTK was the nuts.

After that, I went card dead and my stack eroded. When there were five of us, I was the shortstack, and NumBono (the other short stack) moved all in for the zillionith time. I made a desparation call with A 5. He actually had something this time: 8-8, and his hand held up -- gg me.

7 comments:

  1. The Mookie is always aggressive and always fun. Not the normal $10 trny for sure. Good finish, Mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah -- I blew my chance for back-to-back victories. I got beat twice by flushes. I didn't believe my opponents -- my bad. Thus goes the Mookie. You never know if someone has the goods or if they are running you out of a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice hand with the trip Kings. Looks like you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memphis,

    Be a good man, sir, and tell me how you embed the suits into your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jamie: The system won't let me put it in a comment, because tags are not allowed. I started to send by e-mail but I believe I have an old address where you used to work.

    E-mail me at dave (dot) memphismojo (at) gmail (dot) com

    and I'll send by return mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @lightning: I saw you jumped out to be the early chip leader and pegged you to be the favorite. Sorry it didn't work out.

    Thx to others who commented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice showing Mojo... Glad you put my chips to good use! Sorry I didn't stick around to chat... was mad at myself for playing so poorly - heehee...
    Hope to see you at the next one!

    ReplyDelete