Friday, June 15, 2012

WSOP Friday update



WSOP Event No. 29 began today with 4128 runners, a record for a WSOP with a $1000 buy-in. We are on dinner break.

Players started with 3000 chips. I believe there are around 2437 players left, and I've chipped up nicely to 12,500 -- good luck me.

The cutest hand: A guy raised with A-K and was called by a guy with 10-10. The flop was A-K-10 with two clubs. The A-K bet and the 10-10 raised. The turn was a low card, a club. The betting came to a screeching halt. The river was the jack or hearts so now there was a possible straight AND flush on the board. It was checked down and the set of 10s won.

The guy on my right spoke with a foreign accent. "What a floop!" he exclaimed. Bad English, but accurate assessment.

You can find updates, chips counts, etc. if you click here.

Photo taken with my P&S.

7 comments: