Saturday, November 15, 2014

There were 177 players show up for the tournament today at the Horseshoe Tunica. The plan called for play through Level 12 (half-hour levels), and all who remained standing would advance to Sunday. There will be two more flights on Saturday -- one at 11 a.m. and another at 6 p.m. Same deal for them -- play through Level 12.

I lasted until half-way through Level 10 when there were 30 of the original 177 runners left. I didn't really have any great hands or bad beats. Just mostly never won a pot until I had less than 10 big blinds and shoved with A 4. A player behind me woke up with queens and that was that when I didn't improve.

I'm going to try once more tomorrow. With the big turnout, the prize pool will be delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Great turnout for the first flight. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jusdealem: thanks. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I see you're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Er, I meant Florida! Good luck maƱana!

    ReplyDelete