Friday, March 4, 2016

Costa Rica - Day 3

Today my brothers and I toured a Zoo Ave animal rescue sanctuary. It's like a zoo, but the animals are ones who were injured (usually by humans), and can't live out in the wild any longer.

We also toured the famous ox cart factory in Sarchi. The ox cart is a traditional sign of labor in Costa Rica, and the giant wheels are elaborately painted. (See below.)

Above: A brown pelican spreads his wings while grooming.

Above: Macaws are colorful.

Above: A proud peacock struts his stuff.

Above: This giant ox cart was built for the Guiness Book of Records. Read about it here.

Above: An artist at work.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I hope you are enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some beautiful shots, Dave! Those birds are certainly colorful! Love your new header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post, I agree with you 100%! I’m always scouring the Internet for new information and learning whatever I can, and in doing so I sometimes leave comments on blogs. I don’t do it for SEO purposes necessarily, but to learn new things.
    http://judisbobet.asia | http://agen88.net

    ReplyDelete