Friday, March 4, 2016

Costa Rica - Day 3

Today my brothers and I toured a Zoo Ave animal rescue sanctuary. It's like a zoo, but the animals are ones who were injured (usually by humans), and can't live out in the wild any longer.

We also toured the famous ox cart factory in Sarchi. The ox cart is a traditional sign of labor in Costa Rica, and the giant wheels are elaborately painted. (See below.)

Above: A brown pelican spreads his wings while grooming.

Above: Macaws are colorful.

Above: A proud peacock struts his stuff.

Above: This giant ox cart was built for the Guiness Book of Records. Read about it here.

Above: An artist at work.

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! I hope you are enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some beautiful shots, Dave! Those birds are certainly colorful! Love your new header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.
    judipoker.asia , sohopoker.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post, I agree with you 100%! I’m always scouring the Internet for new information and learning whatever I can, and in doing so I sometimes leave comments on blogs. I don’t do it for SEO purposes necessarily, but to learn new things.
    http://judisbobet.asia | http://agen88.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information,
    I got good ideas from this amazing blog.
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mari Bergabunglah Bersama MandiriQQ, menawarkan Berbagai Jenis Permainan Menarik.
    1 ID untuk 7 PERMAINAN ( NEW GAME : BANDAR SAKONG!!! )
    Dapatkan Berbagai Bonus Menarik dari MandiriQQ..!!
    - Bonus TurnOver 0.5% tiap Minggunya
    - Bonus Referral 20% Dibagikan Setiap Minggunya.
    - Minimal Deposit hanya 20 Ribu
    - Minimal Withdraw hanya 50 Ribu
    Untuk info lebih lanjut Silahkan hubungi Cs MandiriQQ
    PIN BBM : 2BE2B4BA
    Line : mandiri_qq
    yahoo : mandiriqq@yahoo.com
    Link : www.mandirimenang.com

    ReplyDelete