Friday, April 7, 2017

Gearing up for the WSOP


The WSOP is getting alarmingly near, so I've decided to start getting ready. I've got some Jonathan Little quizes that I study when gearing up for tournaments, and I'm going to start playing more to get "tournament sharp."

Also, there is a tournament at the Horseshoe Tunica this weekend, and I happened to be in town, so . . .

This is a popular tournament because players have three chances to qualify for Sunday's final, and the entry fee is inexpensive ($160), so they never have trouble meeting the guarantee. I played in the regular Saturday tournament last weekend as a warm-up and chopped for about second-place money, so have high hopes for this one, too.

I'm living in Florida most of the time, but still manage to make it back to the Memphis area occasionally to see friends and get in a little poker. I played in the WSOP Circuit event held during the end of January and made a final table see here.

Wish me luck.







12 comments:

  1. Interesting. He lives. He play poker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're heading back to the WSOP this year. Hopefully I'll see you there, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting to hear from my Nigerian backer, but I'm sure he'd be willing to stake you as well in as many WSOP events that you can manage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be glad to share my bank account information with this backer if that's what it takes.

      Delete
  4. I whiffed. Played Friday night and Saturday and didn't qualify for Sunday. Saturday afternoon I was headed in the right direction and ran into a cooler, c'est la vie. My buddy is playing today, so I might shoot over and rail him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about the early exit! I was rooting for you. When are you planning the Vegas trip / what events are you entering?

      Delete
    2. I'm playing in two events, the Seniors (natch) on Friday, June 16, and the Monster Stack, Saturday, June 24. My flight home is Monday. The last time I did that was the Main Event and it brought me good luck (instead of two days, I lasted four days, sort of an anti-jinx factor). Will you be out there during that time and what are you playing in?

      Delete
    3. Good luck in the events. Definitely keep us posted! Are you selling pieces of yourself?

      I doubt I'll make it out there this year, unfortunately. We have a big 2 week trip planned to Israel over the summer.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the best wishes. No, I never sell myself. In case something good happens, I want to keep it all for me.

      Israel? #jealous

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete