Thursday, October 23, 2008

Poker pearls #2

This from Roy Cooke in the Oct. 17, 2008, issue of Card Player magazine:

I often hear players moan about how they
ran bad, got unlucky, and were coolered by
the deck. They fail to understand that none
of that matters. It's your job to play your
hand the best that you can, given the data
available at the point of decision. That's
your only job.

Sometimes you're just wrong. Sometimes the
deck will just stick it to you. And sometimes
you will get lucky, as the deck will deliver
a miracle card. It's all irrelevant. Just
keep doing your job, getting your bets in
as best you can.

4 comments:

  1. That's just great advice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great!

    Now I'm, "a handful" at my "job!"

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bambam, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you're a handful everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, yeah, yeah. ;-) (See latest lament.)

    ReplyDelete