Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday in the park

I got an e-mail two or three weeks ago. "I've heard about photo walks, let's do one of our own." It was from jusdealem, a poker blogger who also has a photo blog seen here.

That turned out to be a super idea. We went today and had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect (high 60s and sunny), and we got some nice pics. We walked around Memphis just shooting whatever caught our eye from trolley cars to the ducks at the Peabody Hotel.

We also went to four different parks: W.C. Handy Park, Court Square, Harbor Town and Tom Lee Park.

Parks are for bikes:


The guy above saw me taking his photo, and he smiled. I've found most people are flattered when you shoot them.


The little engine that could (above).



Images by MOJO at Tom Lee Park, and taken with my Canon.

6 comments:

  1. See how a photo walk results in photos? Very good, except the bottom photo I would've darkened and maybe increased contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mojo! I knew you got some great pics from the park...these are great! I will mos def get over my fear and get some ppl shots next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The f-stop might be adjusting itself, because there's no corresponding shutter speed for the given light conditions.
    Make sure your camera is set for 100 ISO on a bright sunny day. And perhaps you have a setting for minimum or maximum shutter speed? Maybe there's not enough light to shoot at f/11 1/1000 and the f-stop adjusts accordingly?
    I suggest checking the shutter speed settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have updated the last photo. It may be too dark now,not sure, and comments are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jusdealem: When I got home I thought, shoot, I should have twisted your arm to go with me when I was doing the ppl thing.

    Heck, I'm an old man and they never turn me down when I ask to shoot them. I had one young lady ask to pose (I took two shots, she "vamped," but they weren't bad - maybe I'll post later).

    @Wolynski: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, you shoulda twisted my arm to go...I even had the cards to hand out and didn't use them...I'm a dork, what can I say? I mos def will next time. :)

    ReplyDelete