Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra rolled into Memphis yesterday for two shows. The first was at 4 p.m. and the second at 8 p.m. I caught the early one.

I've seen them several times on Public Television when PBS does periodic fundraisers. Because I enjoyed that, I wanted to see them in person.

Who or what are they? Think rock-and-roll fused with symphony - Think light and laser show created by somebody on an LSD trip with pyrotechnics thrown in as well - Think great instrumentation and singing - Think high energy.

The group came two days early. "We now own Beale Street," one of them said. He then added that they'll be performing eight shows in the next five days, so I guess that was the calm before the storm. Do they get tired doing the same show over and over? They said no, and in fact they claim they live for the shows.

Has anyone else seen them in person or on TV? Did you like them?




To visit their web site, click here.

Images by MOJO and taken with my P&S.

6 comments:

  1. @bastinptc: MOJO knows lots of stuff that he's not telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an old cd of Christmas music that they did. Sounds great, but have never seen them, even on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of them, but then I'm pretty far out of the loop, so that's not surprising.

    But you learned me something today!

    I think I might enjoy this group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of them - seems like they're a lot of fun. Get them confused with the Mannheim Steamroller or something. Great photos with lovely colors - very LSD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of them and think they are great. My husband loves them. I've seen them on youtube, but not live. I bet it really was a great show! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete