Monday, May 31, 2010

Poker pearl #46


Vanessa Selbst (shown above in the scan of the May 19 issue of Card Player magazine) said:

Poker can consume you and take over your life if you let it. Before long, you can shut out everything else in your world and won't be living the healthiest lifestyle, so it's important to find the proper balance . . .

When I started looking at poker as a job or a chore, I began to lose the thrill of playing the game. And that's what it is. Ultimately, it's a game.

4 comments:

  1. It's not just a game, it's war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make some enemies here, but it is just like pro sports: Games originally for little kids. War is a bit different.
    But I get great enjoyment and great suffering when I win or lose at nlhe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic quote and from my experience, very very true. Whenever I've become too obsessed, my results have never been very good. Better to play with a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting quote from her considering her first TV appearance

    ReplyDelete