Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sharks have teeth, but I do, too


There's something called the Shark League that Wolfie told me about. Blogger lightning36 also plays there occasionally. The head Shark gets Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker to add money to the prize pool, so there's an overlay.

I've played three or four times and never done anything. Mostly, I haven't played because the games are on the weekend and I'm doing other stuff.

Today, I opened my e-mail and there was a note saying they were having a tournament tonight, so I made a note to check it out. Good move (don't get excited - it wasn't for big money).

When we got down to four players, I had (around 38,000) more than the rest of them put together (they were in the 8000 to 12,000 range), so I was able to abuse them and build my stack -- each of them wanted to move up the payout ladder.


In a big tournament, they say you have to come from behind twice to win. In a small one like this, you don't usually have to do that -- just avoid bad beats. I did get lucky in the deal above, however, when a guy slow played his A A.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your constant wins make you one of my heros, too. Even allowing for the river!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, nice win. Haven't played the Shark Tour in awhile, glad to see it is still going. Looks like live play mostly on the horizon now that I've snapped out of the funk. Might even head to Jersey to play some tournament to get the rust off before Vegas. Always good to have options tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WP Sir

    Interesting self description of the site and players.

    Based on those you described reminds me that sharks come in a lot of configurations. I think you were a Mako in a tank full of basking sharks -- slow moving filter feeders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice win, Mojo! I have gotten frustrated playing the Thursday evening Shark tournaments because I have been rivered so many times all-in when I was ahead. There are many good players there (four of the five at your table in the screenie I know, and they are good players).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all who left comments.

    @lightning: I didn't know any of them (meaning they didn't know me, either).

    @Wolfshead: GL if you go to Jersey to play!

    ReplyDelete