Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bot holds two aces vs. 6NT doubled and ducks one!

The robots on BBO have an unfair reputation as doing crazy things. Actually, I've played in plenty of Internet bridge tournaments and they play better than the majority of online players.

Having said that, they do have room for improvement (click image to enlarge).


Let's (ahem) ignore the bidding. Let's just say the stupid bot and the stupid human contrived to get to 6NT. East doubled. Does double demand a club lead, or does it say lead something unusual or does it mean I've played against idiots before?

West led the 5 and East, holding two aces (including the A), played the 8. If I had West's A, I could have scored it up with an overtrick.

You can see the hand viewer and the play if you click here.

1 comment:

  1. I've once made 7NTX against the bots when one of the bots didn't lead its ace

    ReplyDelete