Friday, June 1, 2012

Backyard beauty

(Click image to enlarge.)

A little more than one year ago, I dug a new flower bed in my backyard. My sister, Deb, gave me some purple coneflowers and some shasta daisies that I transplanted.

"It's hot where I live," I said. She assured me they could take the heat.

Well, they seem to like where I've put them and have withstood the hot Memphis-area summer just fine. I thank Deb for the gift, and the bee, shown above, thanks her, too!

Image taken with my Canon 40D. Technical stuff: F-stop 4.0, 1/3200 sec, focal length 155 mm and ISO = 400.

7 comments:

  1. Love these flowers. Now watch them reseed like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic!
    Really love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy! Yummy flowers and a yummy photo! Hope that the cards are all falling your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can never have enough flowers. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete