Sunday, September 23, 2012

All in the family

My sister is a Chicago Cubs' fan, I'm a St. Louis Cardinals' fan. When the two play each other, it's time for a family reunion.

I traveled to Chicago Friday to watch. Unfortunately, the temperature was in the 60s and rainy. Even worse, the Cards lost after going into the bottom of the ninth inning with a 4-2 lead, ouch.

Above: Wrigley Field is an icon, the second-oldest stadium in baseball (after Fenway Park in Boston).

Above: Umbrellas at the ball park? Yep, it was a constant drizzle.

Above: Ernie Banks was always one of my favorite players. He was a shortstop who was a slugger before that was so common.

Photos taken with my P&S. Because of the rain, I left my good camera in the car.

8 comments:

  1. Your p&s does a great job. These are very fine photos. Sorry about your team but you know what does happen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your loss. An uncle of mine used to have a t-shirt that read, "I'm a fan of the Cardinals... and any other team playing the Cubs."

    ReplyDelete
  3. More proof that women are smarter than men.

    (I thought I'd beat the females post.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I liked the game and the results ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicago is such a cool city. Funny to see people with jackets on; I forget that it's fall now since it's still in the 90s here in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your new header. But I hope you don't get in dutch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll hand it to you. I couldn't sit through a baseball game in fair weather much less this!!! I love the Cards because Bob Crowe does. That's the extent of my knowledge. :)
    V

    ReplyDelete