Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My phone rang. "We see you went to the baseball playoffs last year. Do you want tickets?"

I guess I'm on their sucker interest list. This was a week ago. At that time, the St. Louis Cardinals had to play two or three more games against Washington.

"What if they Cardinals don't make it to the next round?" I asked.

"You get your money back, including fees."

"Let's do it."

In case you haven't heard, there's an important baseball game in St. Louis tonight, and I'm headed there to check it out.

The St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco Giants are playing for the right to go to the World Series and they are tied at one game each.

Baseball in St. Louis in October - it doesn't get much better than that.

5 comments:

  1. The Cards usually hit Cain pretty well. Hope you see your team win.

    BTW, my Astros have the day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Lucky guy! I regret not going to see the Nats during the prior series... The two Yankees games at home during the ALCS were available through Goldstar tickets for $106 per seat; I would have loved to have gone but didn't feel like driving the 5 hours each way.

    Enjoy the game, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to your lovely sister...marooned in Sparkyland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Baseball in St. Louis in October - it doesn't get much better than that."

    Biggest lie ever told in this blog

    World Series 2014: White Sox vs Cubs -- you heard it here first

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah -- the lie refers to the FIRST statement lol

    ReplyDelete