Friday, February 15, 2013

Don't panic after a bad beat



Sixth isn't much to brag about, but I'm pleased with how I played (click to enlarge).

We started with T5000 and in the first hour, I had A-A. The villain raised and I three-bet him. The flop was all low cards and I made a one-half pot CB and villain moved all in with J-J (I expected to see a set, but this is online poker, after all). The turn was fine, but the river was a jack -- he'd hit a two-outer leaving me with ~T1600.

Obviously, my stack was crippled and most players would have found a spot and shoved. Isn't that another form of tilt? I was patient and finally built my stack a little at a time, and got back in the hunt. It felt rewarding even though there wasn't much money involved.

6 comments:

  1. It is unseemly for a fine, southern gentlemen to disparage a modest profit. 148 runner would be willing to trade spots. ...just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your actions are a reward unto themselves, you've done a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to remember that the best Bitcoin exchange company is YoBit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you need from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and proceed to claiming.

    You can press CLAIM as much as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete