Friday, December 26, 2008

Poker pearl #12

The Pro: Danny Ryan plays sit and gos, but not the ones you and I play in. He plays at the highest stakes -- $1000 and $2000 on Poker Stars and $5000 on Full Tilt Poker. Playing as The__D__RY, he is said to have won more than $1.1 million online in 2007.

Here is some advice he gave in the Dec. 17 issue of CardPlayer magazine.

The Pearl: "...What helped me go from an above-average player to booking more wins was this one final table I was at. I watched this guy make all these crazy moves and bluffs, basically attacking any perceived weaknesses. It was then that I realized that you could take a lot of pots away with aggression alone. That moment helped me jump to another level."

1 comment:

  1. I took out a subscription to Card Player the other day. Turned out, that if you looked at the right page on their site, you could get a one year subscription for next to nothing, thanks to the weak dollar.

    /j.

    ReplyDelete