Saturday, July 30, 2011

Downtown Toronto is very cool

I think I need to add something to my bucket list: rent an apartment and live in Toronto for a summer. Why not? Same language, same culture (more of less), although different money -- they use Monopoly money, lol, just kidding although it does look funny because I'm not used to it -- picture of the Queen, people I don't know and all that.

Canadians are more practical than Americans. They have coins for $1 and $2 and they use metric. Americans are too lazy to switch.

Canadians are fairly laid back. If the traffic light says "wait," well, pedestrians wait. Americans seem to always be in a hurry.

I'm playing in the Roth Open Swiss Teams, but we have a six-bagger, so I sat out rounds three and four of today's qualifying and walked around. Here are some images I captured (click to enlarge).


Above: The Eaton Centre is one of the largest malls in the world. It's located on Queen and Yonge Streets in Toronto.


Above: Cultures is one of the many eating places in Eaton Centre. It obviously has a colorful decor.


Above: Chalk Chick, as she calls herself, draws on the sidewalk and works for tips.


Above: The new City Hall is very futuristic looking, even though it was built in the Sixties. The curves remind me of the Wynn/Encore in Las Vegas.


Above: The Sheraton Centre Toronto has two towers. This is the one on Queen Street West.

Images by MOJO and taken with my point and shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. I've been to Vancouver BC but never Toronto; some day.

    ReplyDelete