Thursday, June 22, 2017

And on the seventh day


On Wednesday, I took the day off -- even God rested on the seventh day. I also had to move from the time share where I was to the Golden Nugget downtown. My batteries still aren't recharged and I might take today off, too.

Last night I wandered Freemont Street (see pics below). When I went into the poker room, there was the famous Tony! I got some chips and joined his $1/2 no limit table. I've heard stories, but he was actually subdued and spent most of his time on his phone. He was dressed nicely and played tight poker. One hand, I opened for $10. There were three callers to Tony who shoved for about $115 or so and everybody folded. He showed his hand (jacks) and explained why he played it like that, something I would never do. These fish don't need educating -- keep them in the dark. Maybe he had an ulterior motive for showing, or maybe he just enjoys doing it.

I didn't introduce myself. Not sure if he knows who I am, and if he does, I didn't want him blabbing to the table about my WSOP cashes. Keep the fish in the dark, remember? Maybe I'll play tonight and get a photo of the two of us, why not?


If you go to Vegas, you must check out Freemont Street -- it's a federal law.


Even though I've heard him a hundred times, I still stop and listen to Carl "Safe sax" Ferris.


These guys (there were more than one) can take spray paint and make interesting art.


This lady really came on to me. I told her I'm focusing on poker this time, but catch me next trip. She was disappointed, but said she understood.

10 comments:

  1. the vast majority of the players are talking about their tourney wins, but id have no reason to do so. no idea which person is u. trying to sleep (quit close to midnite) to get in 8 hours by checkout. worried about tomorrows housing options when i check out of my room in the nugget. u might find me playing poker such as noon til 6pm or so friday in the nugget once i check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks you're having way too much fun! Get thyself back to ol' boring Florida ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, actually I am just about ready to head home. Going to Vegas is fun, but going home is fun, too, if you know what I mean. Vegas can wear you out.

      Delete
  3. What was your impression of the play at the Nugget? I didn't like it the last time I played there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bunch of tourists having fun. You might have had the bad luck of being at a good table, but mine was not.

      Delete
  4. Congrats again on the WSOP cash! It's truly an achievement.

    I sat and played with Tony a few years ago, over at the Wynn. He is definitely talkative about the hands he plays, but I otherwise did not note any meltdowns or behavioral issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fremont Street is a zoo at night but that's why it's interesting to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was your impression of the play at the Nugget? I didn't like it the last time I played there.

    www.golden-slot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective. We have published an information for How to Check LIC Policy Status Online

    ReplyDelete